Linking up with Stasha at The good life
for Monday Listicles. It's a different
topic every week - follow along and join in
This week's subject is 10 Firsts
1. First music video:
I remember the day we got Mtv at our house. It was something I had never seen before and after watching my first video that I still remember to this day. I was forever hooked on the hair bands and rock ballads.
2. My first car: I didn't really get to enjoy my first car. I paid $500 for a 70 powder blue Mercury cougar when I was 16 and it's transmission blew out as it was being brought to my house.
|this is almost what it looked like|
My first car that I bought and was able to drive was a blue 86 Plymouth horizon
3. My first child: I gave birth to my first son on July 9th 1998. He was 2 weeks over due and labor lasted 48 long and painful hours but it was one of the greatest moments of my life. The pain was only temporary but the experience will be something I will remember my whole life.
4. My first Job: I got my first job on my 16th birthday. I was to begin working at Southern Hosiery. I made $5.25 an hour folding socks in the finishing department after school.
5. My first concert: It was yet another greatest experience I will never forget. Again I was 16 and I went with 3 great friends to see Pantera, sepultura, and Prong
6. First tattoo: well My very first tattoo was a poor choice. it was done by a friend with a needle and Indian ink. It was the word LEO with the L and O made to look like eyes and it had fangs under it like a lion. I now have that covered up so I can't show a picture of what it looked like.
7. First Award: I won first place in an art contest when I was in second grade and my picture was displayed at the art museum here in town.
8. First real trip out of state: My first real trip out of state wasn't a planned one. My husbands brother and family were survivors of Hurricane Katrina. He and I made the trip down there to find them when communication wasn't even possible. The sights and sounds of unimaginable sadness added with the oh so real smell of death every where is yet another memory never to be forgotten. It was a long shot and we traveled on a wing and a prayer but long story short we found them.
9. First movie that really scared me: I remember being at my cousin Candy's birthday party. Most of the adults were inside watching a movie and every time I went in they shooo'ed me back out so being a young curious child I hid and watched with them. I found out later the name of the movie was FACES OF DEATH and to this day I can still remember the people taking out that poor monkeys brain and eating it...EAKKKK!! Such a crazy but real movie.
10. First broken heart: Was the day my grandfather passed away. He was the most positive male role model in my life. My parents separated and divorced when I was small and my grandfather took his place in my heart and in my eyes. He passed away on his birthday July 15th 1994 when I was 16.
|Sitting with my papaw :)|