A PERFECT DAY FOR CHILI

I believe today has been the coldest day so far this fall. And when it gets cold it's time to make a big pot of chili.
  • I start by browning and draining 2 LBs of ground beef.
In a large pot add beef and all remaining ingredients 

  • 1 29oz can of tomato sauce
  • 2 10oz cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies.
  • 1-2 16oz cans of red kidney beans.
  • 1-2 16oz cans of pinto beans

  •  1 cup Diced yellow onion (LG onion)
  • 1/4 cup celery stalk (1 stalk)

  • 2 TSP Cumin powder
  • 3 TBSP Chili powder
  • 1 1/2 TSP Black Pepper
  • 2 TSP Salt 
  • 2 Cups Water
Bring all ingredients to a simmer over low heat. Cook for 2-3 hours stirring every so often.

*** You can also make in the crockpot either set on low for 5 hrs or high for 2***

** For a spicier chili add 1/2 TSP more black pepper and 1 TBSP cayenne pepper. And for those real iron bellies add 4-6 diced Jalapeno peppers***

With about an hour left I slice up 1 whole beef smoked sausage and toss it into the pot.

When finished Top with mild or sharp cheddar cheese serve with crackers and ENJOY..
                                                                      Photobucket

5 comments:

Sabz said...

yummers! i love a hot bowl of chili on a cold day!

new follower from gfc blog hop :)
http://www.theeclecticgrabbag.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and following. I dropped by your page and returned the favor :)

Sarah Leonard said...

Looks yummy! You made my mouth water :)

Sarah @ A Cat-Like Curiosity

Rachel said...

It really has been a perfect day for chili...about every day for the last week or two, it seems like! I'll have to get around to making some soon!

Dash Interiors said...

Yummy yummy!!! Love it!

http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog or following along with my journey. I genuinely hope you enjoy my posts and can possibly find some of them helpful. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them or email me. :)


up