QUICK AND EASY DINNER FOR SIX- COWBOY SANDWICHES

  My husband dubbed these my cowboy sandwiches they are so simple and the family loves them.


I started out with 3LBs of thin cut Milanesa steak
Sliced into bite sized stripes
Cut off all unwanted fat

These are my seasons of choice for the meat
After seasoning I set the meat aside to marinate 
As a side I prefer white rice with a little beef bouillon to flavor. Now is a good time to preheat the oven to 400 degrees for the bread later.
Prepare by box instructions add bouillon to you liking. Personally I make enough servings for 8 so I add 2-3 cubes
Now is a good time to start sauteing 1 large sweet onion sliced. Once they are nice and transparent I set them aside in a bowl till the meat is done
In the same pan add about a TBSP of butter and brown meat
Now that meat is done add onions and let simmer with lid on till dinner is ready
To toast the bread I put a thin layer of butter on the bottom of my cookie sheet 
I also butter the top of the buns. For the kids I prefer to use hotdog buns they are the perfect size for smaller appetites 
My family loves white gravy on their rice. I just use this brand and I make it while the bread is toasting.
When oven reaches 400 degrees. put bread in for 5 mins
Flip an toast for 5 more mins
Add any veggie of your choice for your other side. My kids chose corn for tonight

you can top with shredded mozzarella cheese

Or as my husband prefers just smother in gravy

serve and you'll have a fan favorite!!

Featuring this post at on the Food Renegade at http://www.foodrenegade.com/fight-back-friday-october-12th/
                                                

















2 comments:

Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Hi Summer! Thanks for sharing this great recipe! I appreciate you linking up to PIN MEme! I am a new follower and am going to check out more recipes on your blog!

Diana
Diana Rambles
Bento Blog Network
Link Rink

Dawn said...

Thanks for sharing with us at In and Out of the Kitchen Link Up Party. Looks like something my gang would enjoy.
Dawn co host and blogger
http://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog or following along with my journey. I genuinely hope you enjoy my posts and can possibly find some of them helpful. If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them or email me. :)


up